October 9th 2017, Astana. Political consultations took place between the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Kazakhstan and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Netherlands on cooperation within the framework of non-permanent membership in the UN Security Council.
Kazakhstan’s delegation was headed by the Deputy Foreign Minister of Kazakhstan Yerzhan Ashikbayev, the Netherlands delegation – by Head of the UNSC Task Force of the Netherlands Foreign Ministry Marriet Shuurman.
The parties discussed the current issues on the agenda of the UNSC, noting the similarity of countries‘ positions on many issues. Both sides outlined priorities of their countries work within the framework of the UNSC. Kazakhstan’s delegation also shared its plans on its UNSC presidency in January 2018.
As a result, agreements were reached on continuing cooperation at the level of capitals and countries‘ Permanent Missions to the UN in New York.
- 16.10.2017The Ministers of Foreign Affairs of the CIS Countries agreed on the documents for the upcoming meeting of the Heads of State in Sochi
- 16.10.2017Kazakhstan and Netherlands discussed cooperation within non-permanent membership in the UN Security Council
- 16.10.2017Remarks by Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs of Kazakhstan Roman Vassilenko at “The EU-Eurasia-China Business Summit” (Athens, October 9, 2017)
- 16.10.2017Remarks by Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Kazakhstan Roman Vassilenko at a meeting of the Berlin Eurasian Club (4th October 2017, Brussels)
- 09.10.2017Departing Ambassador of Sweden to Kazakhstan receives the country’s state award
IBAN DE 54 1007 0000 0238165501
SWIFT (BIC) DEUTDEBB
60325 Frankfurt am Main
von 14:00 bis 16:00