On June 14, Foreign Minister of Kazakhstan Kairat Abdrakhmanov had a meeting with recently appointed Deputy UN Secretary General for the Least Developed, Landlocked, Small Island States Fekitamoeloa Utoikamanu.
Parties underlined significant contribution of Almaty Programme of Action for Landlocked Developing Countries for 2004-2014, initiated by Kazakhstan and Vienna Programme of Action for 2014-2024.
The counterparts discussed cooperation issues in the field of development assistance. Initially being a recipient country, Kazakhstan joined the ranks of donor countries, and during the last years had provided significant assistance to developing countries in various continents, sea-locked countries in the Pacific and Caribbean countries, as it was discussed during the meeting.
The sides also confirmed their commitment to facilitate the work of the SPECA – Special Programme for the Economies of Central Asia under the supervision of the UN Eurasian Economic Commission and ESCAP.
During the meeting, the interlocutors also emphasized the outcomes of the Ministerial Conference on Energy for Sustainable Development, which took place on the platform of EXPO 2017 on June 11-14 in Astana.
- 19.6.2017Implementation of the UN Global Counter-Terrorism Strategy in Central Asia Discussed in Ashgabat
- 19.6.2017MFA of Kazakhstan Hosts a Business Forum with the participation of top management of American corporate giants
- 19.6.2017Kazakhstan and UN Continue Supporting Developing Countries
- 19.6.2017COMMUNIQUE On the occasion of the 25th anniversary since the establishment of diplomatic relations between the Republic of Kazakhstan and the Republic of Lithuania
- 19.6.2017K.Abdrakhmanov met with Secretary General of International Energy Charter U. Rusnak
IBAN DE 54 1007 0000 0238165501
SWIFT (BIC) DEUTDEBB
60325 Frankfurt am Main
von 14:00 bis 16:00