21 August 2017 marks the 25th anniversary of the establishment of diplomatic relations between the Republic of Kazakhstan and the Italian Republic.
In the span of a quarter-century the two countries have established fruitful political dialogue, created a solid legal base and developed cooperation in the economic and humanitarian spheres.
The signing of the Interstate Strategic Partnership Agreement in 2009 was a landmark event and confirmed the special status of Kazakh-Italian relations.
Close relation have been established within the framework of international organizations, such as the UN, the OSCE and others. Kazakhstan and Italy hold similar positions on key issues on the international agenda, which is conducive to considerable interaction between the two countries in the UN Security Council in 2017.
Italy is one of Kazakhstan’s main foreign trading partners and Italian companies are among the largest investors in the economy of our country. Over the years, Italy’s total direct investments have amounted to about
The active work of the Intergovernmental Working Group on Industrial and Economic Cooperation and Exchange significantly contributes to the expansion of economic and investment cooperation.
Considering Italy’s vast experience in the renewable energy field, Italian companies are actively participating in the international specialized exhibition EXPO-2017 in Astana.
Interregional cooperation has been dynamically developing. Exchanges of delegations between Astana and Milan and Astana and the Friuli-Venezia Giulia region take place on a regular basis. Honorary consuls of Kazakhstan in several Italian cities have contributed greatly to this cooperation.
Relations within the educational and cultural spheres are strengthening. In 2013, Italy successfully hosted the Days of Culture of Kazakhstan, and in 2016 – the Days of Italian Culture were organized in Kazakhstan. The Astana Opera theater is closely collaborating with the theaters La Scala in Milan, San Carlo in Naples and Carlo Felice in Genoa.
Kazakhstan aims to comprehensively strengthen and develop its strategic partnership with Italy.
- 21.8.2017Communique on the Occasion of the 25th Anniversary of the Establishment of Diplomatic Relations between the Republic of Kazakhstan and the Italian Republic
- 21.8.2017COMMUNIQUE ON THE OCCASION OF THE 25TH ANNIVERSARY OF THE ESTABLISHMENT OF DIPLOMATIC RELATIONS BETWEEN THE REPUBLIC OF KAZAKHSTAN AND THE PORTUGUESE REPUBLIC
- 21.8.2017Kazakhstan and Bolivia are interested in broadening cooperation
- 14.8.2017Kazakh Foreign Minister takes part in inauguration of Iranian President
- 14.8.2017Statement by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Kazakhstan on the launch of a ballistic missile by the Democratic People’s Republic of Korea
IBAN DE 54 1007 0000 0238165501
SWIFT (BIC) DEUTDEBB
60325 Frankfurt am Main
von 14:00 bis 16:00