ASTANA, December 6, 2018 – The Kazakh Ministry of Foreign Affairs hosted ministerial consultations between heads of Foreign Ministry departments in Kazakhstan and Georgia. The Kazakh delegation was headed by Valikhan Turekhanov, Director of the CIS Department of Kazakhstan’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs, and the Georgian delegation was headed by David Kereselidze, Director of the Department of Asia and the Pacific of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Georgia.
During the consultations, the parties discussed a wide range of issues of bilateral cooperation in the political, trade, economic, cultural and humanitarian areas. Consideration was given to cooperation between the two countries in the international arena, including in the framework of the UN and the OSCE.
Particular attention was paid to the advancement of transit and transport capacity between Kazakhstan and Georgia. The importance of continuing work within the framework of TRACECA, the Trans-Caspian International Transport Route, and the Baku-Tbilisi-Kars railway corridor was emphasised.
The parties agreed to hold the next round of Kazakh-Georgian political consultations in Tbilisi in 2019.
- 08.12.2018Diversification of Bilateral Cooperation on the Agenda of Kazakhstan-Peruvian Political Consultations in Astana
- 07.12.2018Focusing on economic connectivity: Kazakhstan proposes a new format for OSCE presence in Astana
- 07.12.2018Ambassador of Kazakhstan Presents His Credentials to the President of Costa Rica
- 06.12.2018Leading international NGOs evaluated outcomes of Kazakhstan’s work in UNSC
- 06.12.2018Astana Hosted Kazakh-Georgian Consultations Between Foreign Ministries
60325 Frankfurt am Main
von 14:00 bis 16:00
IBAN DE 54 1007 0000 0238165501
SWIFT (BIC) DEUTDEBB