From 8-12 July, 2019, as part of the 2018-2023 anti-drug strategy of the Shanghai Cooperation Organization (SCO), an international web anti-drug operation was conducted across SCO member state territories. The initiative of this program was presented by the First President of the Republic of Kazakhstan, Nursultan Nazarbayev, at the SCO Summit in Nur-Sultan in June 2017.
The main objectives of the web operation are to curb the supply and distribution of drugs in SCO member state territories, take measures to prevent the use of internet resources and virtual payment systems in the drug business, and make joint actions by the authorities to combat illicit drug trafficking more effective.
The International Coordination Headquarters of the operation was located at the Central Asian Coordination Centre for Combating Illicit Trafficking of Narcotic Drugs, Psychotropic Substances and their Precursors (CARICC) in Almaty.
The operation was attended by representatives from anti-drug agencies, internal affairs agencies, national security, customs and border services of SCO member states and the observer country of Afghanistan, as well as international organizations – the CSTO, UNODC and CARICC.
According to preliminary data, since the beginning of the operation, 6 tons 422 kilograms of narcotic drugs, and proceeds of drug-related crime amounting to $68,834, have been withdrawn from illicit trafficking in SCO territory.
Moreover, parties involved in the operation identified 1,359 drug trafficking crimes, of which 108 crimes were committed by a group of individuals; 85 cases of drug smuggling and 9 mail-related crimes. A total of 3,241 people were detained during the operation for committing drug-related offenses in SCO countries, and administrative charges were brought against 1,176 people.
- 13.7.2019International web anti-drug operation conducted across SCO region
- 12.7.2019New joint initiative of Kazakhstan’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Anti-Corruption Agency
- 12.7.2019Consultations between Foreign Ministries of Kazakhstan and Ukraine Held in Kiev
- 12.7.2019Regular Meeting of Joint Kazakh-Russian Demarcation Commission Held in Samar
- 12.7.2019Prime Minister Askar Mamin participated at the VIII Meeting of Kazakh-Kyrgyz Intergovernmental Council in Bishkek
60325 Frankfurt am Main
von 14:00 bis 16:00
IBAN DE 54 1007 0000 0238165501
SWIFT (BIC) DEUTDEBB