ASTANA, January 16, 2018 – The Minister of Agriculture Umirzak Shukeyev and Foreign Minister Beibut Atamkulov recently discussed the promotion of Kazakh agricultural exports and investment attraction into the country’s agricultural sector.
During the meeting, enhancing cooperation under Agro-Industrial Development State Programme of Kazakhstan for 2017-2021 was discussed.
In a bid to implement the objectives set by President Nazarbayev’s State of the Nation Address, including increasing agricultural productivity and the export of processed agricultural products by at least 2.5 times, the implementation of the Joint Action Plan on attracting foreign investment in the agro-industrial complex of Kazakhstan and trade development until 2020 was considered between the two ministers. After detailed consideration, the two sides agreed to update the Plan in recognition of the developing role of the Foreign Ministry in promoting Kazakh investment and exports.
Special attention was given to discussing agricultural investment projects, in particular, in the development of crop farming, agricultural vehicles and equipment assembly, as well as in the attraction of major international companies for dairy products and meat manufacturing and processing.
The ministers stressed the importance of close interaction with international agricultural organisations, including the UN Food and Agriculture Organisation, the Islamic Organisation for Food Security, and the Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development.
Mr. Shukeyev and Mr. Atamkulov agreed to organise joint trainings on agricultural sector development, focusing on the promotion of Kazakh-made products to priority foreign markets by Kazakh embassies.
The sides highlighted the importance of information support in promoting agricultural exports, as well as the organisation of press tours for foreign media and information campaigns on Kazakhstan’s agricultural sector.
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the Ministry of Agriculture expressed mutual interest in regularly holding meetings in order to enhance interaction in the promotion of Kazakh agricultural exports and inward agricultural investments.
- 18.1.2019Masters students from leading Kazakh universities take part in a debate on Kazakhstan’s work at UN Security Council in New York
- 17.1.2019Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Ministry of Agriculture Enhance Agricultural Investment and Export Cooperation
- 14.1.2019The first meeting of foreign ministers of the Dialogue „India-Central Asia“ with the participation of Afghanistan took place in Samarkand
- 13.1.2019Kazakh Foreign Minister Holds Bilateral Meetings with Central Asian Foreign Ministers
- 11.1.2019Kazakh and Russian Foreign Ministers hold talks regarding bilateral cooperation
60325 Frankfurt am Main
von 14:00 bis 16:00
IBAN DE 54 1007 0000 0238165501
SWIFT (BIC) DEUTDEBB